Phase One – The Foundation Pre-Pour Inspection
This inspection is performed after trenches or footers have been dug and all metal and pipe casings and/or liners have been put into place, but before pouring the concrete which becomes the foundation.
• All known plan measurements of depth and width of footings are verified.
• All metal rebar, rebar elevators, beams, tension cables, etc., are inspected for proper placement and connections.
• All known pipe and sleeve measurements are verified for proper placement.
• The inspector will check the vapor barriers for any penetrations and for foreign objects anywhere the concrete will go that could leave a void and cause deterioration.
Phase Two – The Pre-Drywall Inspection
This inspection is performed prior to drywall or other interior wall covering being installed.
• Inspect for defective, warped, missing and misplaced framing members
• Inspect for proper wood grades, placement, span measurement, notching, borings, and truss usage.
• Inspect anchor bolts, fire blocking and truss ties
• Inspect framing fasteners and connectors for proper schedules
• Visually inspect the electrical wires and plumbing installed through the framing system including proper nail stop protection
• Visually check the HVAC rough-ins and duct conditions
• Visually check Air Handler condensation drain and overflow drain lines
• Check exterior walls, sheeting seal, wall penetrations, windows and sealants
• Visually check exterior electrical and lighting fixtures
Phase Three – The Final Inspection
The final inspection is a comprehensive inspection and it is to verify that all Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing systems are installed and operating as intended including, but not limited to:
• Ensuring that the home meets or exceeds all requirements of the Standard of Practice as delineated by the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC)
• Inspect the Structure including: Foundation, Grading and Drainage, Roof Covering, Roof Structure and Attic, Walls (interior and exterior), Ceilings and Floors, Doors, Windows, Fireplace/Chimney, Porches, Decks, Driveways, Carports
• Inspect Electrical Systems including: Service Entrance & Panels, Branch Circuits, Outlets, Switches, Fixtures, Disconnects, GFCI's
• Inspect Heating, Venting and Air Conditioning Systems, Ducts
• Inspect Water Supply System, Fixtures, Drains, Wastes Vents, and Water Heating Equipment.
• Inspect built in Appliances, and other Optional Systems
Save More Money!
* Phase I, II, and III packages start at $600 (depending on the size of the home) and include up to 3 visits.